Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stay or go
Like said above, you need to match track conditions to race server. Handy already said the grip improvement, practice and quali start at 94-95% and is improved over time. Do note that grip improvement is not a function of time but the amount of laps driven by all the cars combined, so if you have only a few drivers and/or a long track, the progress is very slow, sometimes not reaching 100% at all by the end of quali. You want some kind of reading on your screen that tells you the current grip level. I'm using the Realtime app.

For practice I run my own server with SRS race conditions settings, grip 100%, 1,5hr session of practice mode and damage set to just 1% so I can see if I take damage from something like over-revving but makes the car virtually indestructible so I don't have to restart after every crash and just continue. Could as well practice in single player session with same settings but I often practice with buddies (usually Mikko E.) so I just put the server up and join that onlline by default. When quali session starts, I just try to adapt and go a bit slower when the grip is bad, pushing harder in the end as the grip evolves.

Also like said above, tire temp and pressure are very important. If you overheat your tires all the way to "red", they are gonna be incredibly slippy and you must take this into consideration. On open setups you can adjust the pressures, and this is something very important to do and observe over several laps to get the most out of the grip over the race.

Messages In This Thread
Stay or go - by Roelof van der Zee - 08-10-2022, 08:55 PM
RE: Stay or go - by Alexander Persil - 08-10-2022, 11:19 PM
RE: Stay or go - by Handy Hanafiah - 08-11-2022, 03:06 AM
RE: Stay or go - by Roelof van der Zee - 08-11-2022, 06:30 AM
RE: Stay or go - by Ilmari Ylitalo - 08-11-2022, 06:40 AM
RE: Stay or go - by Ilmari Ylitalo - 08-11-2022, 08:11 AM