Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assetto Corsa Stuttering
Good morning,
During this month I've been trying to compete in Assetto but I hadn't been able due to the stuttering. The screen freezes 1 second whether I'm online or not, and with this problem I can't race properly. I've unistalled the game and reinstalled more than once and I've changed the settings to the lower ones, but it doesn't work.
How I can solve this?

Thanks,
I've seen folks say that stuttering like that is usually caused by 1 or more apps you have running (whether or not you have their HUD elements showing). Have you tried running with ZERO non-Kunos apps installed? Try that, if you get no stuttering, start adding your apps back one at a time until you find one that messes you up.

It might also be a combination of a particular app or apps and your CPU lacking the juice to keep everything going smooth.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I'm not saying this is your problem but there are so many potential causes and this is one that happened to me. Good luck getting it sorted.

I experienced stuttering caused by two separate things...Windows/Microsoft related. First, if Windows is auto downloading an update while you are playing, it can slow your computer down to the point where you will get bad performance...screen freezes usually. The time of update auto-downloading can be adjusted in Windows Settings. Also, you can change the setting that lets your computer host updates for other computers, again...loading your system down. The second thing that caused really slow loading of the game and poor graphics was the hard drive running out of memory....I was running a 1 terabyte hard drive! It filled up with temp files caused by Window apps that were not launching properly. When the computer was running, it was busily writing thousands of temp files to the hard drive as it tried repeatedly to start the failed apps. Why the apps were corrupted, I don't know. I fixed it by deleting all those apps that were named in the temp files. They were all Microsoft Store apps that are auto-loaded with Windows.
(09-02-2019, 09:35 AM)Javi Gonzalez Wrote:  Good morning,
During this month I've been trying to compete in Assetto but I hadn't been able due to the stuttering. The screen freezes 1 second whether I'm online or not, and with this problem I can't race properly. I've unistalled the game and reinstalled more than once and I've changed the settings to the lower ones, but it doesn't work.
How I can solve this?

Thanks,

I'm going to reply my own message, in case someone has the same problem.
In my case I did uninstall my antivirus and it worked.