Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Estonia 25 Setup
By the way, I find that the setup works pretty well for New Jersey too.
(07-19-2020, 02:10 PM)Steen Toudal Wrote:  Great setup, thanks.

How do you guys avoid getting bogged down at the start? I seem to get overtaken left and right every time the lights go out. Sad

Slip some clutch Smile
Alright, need to practise that clutch.
(07-17-2020, 05:43 PM)Rob Russo Wrote:  You can right-click on the link and select "save link as..." and rename it.
HTH Smile
Seems to not work for me when using Content Manager, that option isn't showing for me. I see it when I look up the SRS forums on Google Chrome though.

(07-19-2020, 02:10 PM)Steen Toudal Wrote:  Great setup, thanks.

How do you guys avoid getting bogged down at the start? I seem to get overtaken left and right every time the lights go out. Sad
You got to be extremely slow in releasing the clutch. I've had good starts where I initially release the clutch by 25% or less, hold it for (what feels) 2-3 seconds while having full throttle and then slowly release the clutch. In that period of holding the clutch for 2-3 seconds you will be maxing revs, so be patient and let the car get some forward momentum before releasing. I spend a few minutes before a race practicing it a few times, as in these car you can really get a nice lead or overtake some opposition before T1 with a good start.

(07-20-2020, 09:24 AM)Steen Toudal Wrote:  By the way, I find that the setup works pretty well for New Jersey too.
I imagine it will work for that circuit. I won't be able to look at it before Thursday, but I reckon I will only tweak the gearing and tyre pressures and possibly the aero. The default setup was pretty bad for understeer and gearing, so my setup should probably be better for any circuit compared to the default, even if it wasn't specifically designed for it.
Thanks for the tips. I just did a few starts against the AI and now I can blow right by them at the start. Big Grin

The setup was good enough for me to win two SRS races today - despite dropping 2-3 places at the start. I think I'll try running more wing though.
Gratz Steen ! Any tips on the setup for New Jersey ? Struggling Sad
As I had a big margin in the last race it seems fair to share my setup and onboard. You may find it is too much oversteer so raise the rear wing if you want more stability.

Here is my qualifying lap: Estonia 25 NJMP

Attached Files
.txt   orourked tark25 njmp.txt (Size: 1.48 KB / Downloads: 25)
Thanks Dominic, will give this a blast, appreciated. Gratz on your W !
I haven't raced this week yet but I was doing some practice and tweaking the setup today, should be attached below. I generally can run a low 1:03.XX although I can hit some 1:02.XX with a very good lap, I think I hit a 1:02.7 once. This time falls off as the tyres get worn though, the left rear goes into the red zone of wear after 14 laps but I think that's more track related then setup related. Compared to my Tor Poznan setup, I only made small changes to the alignment, gearing, ride height and put on bit more front wing.

Interesting to see how different Dominic's setup is compared to mine, as he is using much more toe, camber and aero downforce. I checked the results and my lap times seem to be quite comparable. Seems like my setup would be exposed in the twisty sections, but it would have the edge for the long straight when in drafting distance. Since I haven't raced yet, I couldn't say which one would be more preferable when in a close battle. Also interesting how he has tuned his setup for only 4 gears, where I use all 5. The cars loose some time in the gear shifts so I suppose using 4 might be as good or better if done correctly. I had tuned the gearing in the Audi VLN to not use top gear when I did one of the races at Chang last season as I felt changing gears lost too much time in that car.

Attached Files
.txt   Estonia25_NewJerseyMP_DonnchadhMacGarry.txt (Size: 1.51 KB / Downloads: 13)
The gears are like that because I added more downforce after I did the gearing and haven't changed it yet. I don't think it costs much time but it probably is worse like this. All I did this week was change the gearing slightly and add downforce so I am sure there is more in the setup. It bottoms out in the final corner meaning there might be more to be found there.