Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding the right setup
Hello everyone
I write here because I would like some advice...
 Ho letto molti articoli su come allestire la tua auto. Ho fatto dei progressi su questo e posso essere coerente e divertirmi quando avrò una buona configurazione. Però ho dei dubbi e non ho trovato nulla a riguardo: quando la pista ha un grip basso (94/95%) usi lo stesso setup di quando è al 100%? Oppure che modifiche fai? Ho provato ad ammorbidire le molle e irrigidire le barre antirollio e viceversa ma niente, guida davvero lenta e pessima. Lasciate che vi faccia un esempio. a brands hatch , con grip a 95 non riesco a scendere sotto 1,36 con 488 gt3. Faccio anche davvero fatica a impostare la macchina con tutte quelle depressioni e cordoli. 
Who helps me? 
Thanks Emanuele
Sorry. I don't know why it came out half in Italian and half in English. If you don't understand it I write it again.
Hey Emanuele!

I run the same setup all quali and race, only might change tire compound and of course fuel for the race. Grip 95->100 should not make more than a second or so in lap time. I just change my driving style and braking a bit more cautious on low grip, and try to aim have pretty fresh tires by the end of quali as the grip increases. Race starts at 100% anyways.

Note that tire temps and pressures are very important for your grip, try to do at least 2 fast laps and then observe your pressures, you want them very close to optimal during the race length, sacrificing a bit on the start.

Experiment on the ARBs and differential settings, they make a big difference on the car turning and stability.
Thank you for your reply
Not always the grip of the race is 100%. Sometimes it happened to me 97%. As for the tire pressure I try to stay as close as possible to the optimal one after 3/4 hot laps.
I have difficulty setting up the car with many depressions and on the curbs. By increasing the value of the shock absorbers, does it become softer or stiffer? To better absorb disconnections, how should they be set?